Hearth Tax Project publications
The Centre for Hearth Tax Research (in collaboration with the British Record Society and relevant county record societies) publishes county volumes and volumes of exemption certificates.
- Ferguson, C., Thornton, C., & Wareham, A., eds., (2012) Essex Hearth Tax Return Michaelmas 1670, BRS Hearth Tax Series VIII
- Arkell, T with Alcock, N., eds. (2010) Warwickshire Hearth Tax Returns; Michaelmas 1670, with Coventry Lady Day 1666, BRS Hearth Tax Series VII (Dugdale Society vol. 43)
- Phillips, C., Ferguson, C. & Wareham, A., eds., (2008) Westmorland Hearth Tax, BRS Hearth Tax Series VI (Cumberland and Westmorland Antiquarian and Archaeological Society vol. 19)
- Hey, D., Giles, C., Spufford, M. & Wareham, A., eds., (2007) Yorkshire West Riding Hearth Tax Assessment Lady Day 1672, BRS Hearth Tax Series V
- Green, A., Parkinson, E. & Spufford, M., eds., (2006), County Durham Hearth Tax Assessment Lady Day 1666, BRS Hearth Tax Series IV
- Seaman, P., Pound, J. & Smith, R., eds., (2001), Norfolk Hearth Tax Exemption Certificates 1670-1674: Norwich, Great Yarmouth, King’s Lynn and Thetford, BRS Hearth Tax Series III (Norfolk Record Society vol. 65)
- Harrington, D., Pearson, S. & Rose, S., eds., (2000), Kent Hearth Tax Assessment Lady Day 1664, BRS Hearth Tax Series II (Kent Archaeological Society vol. 29)
- Evans, N., & Rose, S., eds., (2000), Cambridgeshire Hearth Tax Returns Michaelmas 1664, BRS Hearth Tax Series I (Cambridgeshire Record Society vol. 15)
If you would like to purchase copies of any of these volumes, please contact The British Record Society or the relevant county record society.
Introductions, maps and indexes for some of these volumes are also available on this web site.